Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know:
1. How did you end up in commercial real estate?
My first job out of college was as a structural engineer. While I enjoyed the technical challenges, I gained the most satisfaction from interacting with people and seeing the whole project come together. This made me realize that I should get into program management so I could focus on all aspects of design and construction instead of just one.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I grew up as a “Military Brat”. I was born in Germany and lived in six different places before moving to Atlanta for college.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
It’s only been two weeks, but I’m really excited to join a team with and learn from such talented people. My three-mile commute is pretty great as well.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
My parents. They set high expectations for me, instilled a strong work ethic, supported my decisions and taught me to be independent.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
My husband and I are going to visit London and Switzerland. I have always wanted to see the sites in London. One of my good friends moved to Switzerland a year ago, so we are going to visit her, eat chocolate and go hiking while we are there.
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
I wanted to be a veterinarian, but I realized I would never be able to put an animal to sleep.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Walt Disney. I grew up watching Disney movies, like most kids did. But when you read more about how he created Disney through imagination and perseverance, it makes for a fascinating story that I would like to hear in person.
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
Yes, I am on Facebook and LinkedIn.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I would like to train and run a marathon. I was running half marathons when I injured my ankle and had to have surgery. I’m working on getting back to where I was pre-injury.
10. Favorite thing about Atlanta?
I love the weather. We’re able to eat dinner on the patio, play tennis and be active outside almost all year.