Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know:
1. How did you end up in this industry?
I interned for a large real estate firm while in business school and was hooked from that point on. After business school, I took a job in corporate real estate and have been in the industry ever since.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I enjoy reading and listening to music.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
Working with a great group of high quality people.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
My father – as a small business owner he taught me the value of hard work, integrity and perseverance.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
A professional golfer.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Abraham Lincoln – I have read a lot about his time as President and am amazed by his determination and foresight to keep the country together.
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
I have a Twitter account that I use to keep up with news and sports teams/individuals.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I’d like to play a round of golf at Augusta National.
10. Favorite thing about Winston-Salem?
It is a great city to raise my family. Winston has big-city amenities (arts, restaurants and schools) while still retaining the small-city feel.