Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Jennifer McKeller, property accounting manager. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. How did you end up in this industry?
I had no real estate accounting experience when I was hired at JLL in 2001. I have been in real estate accounting ever since.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I can play the guitar in several languages.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
The laid back environment and the honor of being a part of this real estate powerhouse.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
My brother. The only subject I enjoyed in college was math. I didn’t want to be a teacher and he suggested accounting.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
Monterey Bay to visit my brother.
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
I wanted to be a veterinarian because I’ve always loved animals.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Dalai Lama – his genuine wisdom and care for others is inspiring.
“Whether we consider the individual, family, local, national or international level, peace must arise from inner peace. For example, making prayers for peace while continuing to harbor anger is futile. Training the mind and overcoming your anger is much more effective than mere prayer. Anger, hatred and jealousy never solve problems, only affection, concern and respect can do that.” – Dalai Lama
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
I’m an occasional Facebooker.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I’d love to rent a house with a glass floor over the ocean.
10. Favorite thing about Atlanta?
The diversity… cuisine, arts and culture all in one place.