Every month we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Jimmy Barry, Senior Vice President. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. With unlimited funds, where would you go on your dream vacation?
Tour all around Europe.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
3. What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
4. If you could have a superpower for one day, what would it be?
5. What would you recommend someone do or see who has never been to Atlanta before?
Go see a Bulldogs football game in Athens.
6. If you could choose any career other than the one you have, what would it be?
Be an operator and own several chic-fil-a restaurants. It is a great company.
7. If you could pick up one random skill or hobby, what would you choose?
I’d like to speak Spanish fluently as I think it would be useful in many ways.
8. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
I like the creativity in developing office buildings. Creating something permanent, functional, valuable, that contributes to the community and is timeless.
9. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
10. What professional field are you simply not cut out for?
Anything where I have to sit behind a desk all the time!