Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Johnny Williams, HVAC II engineer at our 180 Peachtree property in Atlanta. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. How did you end up in this industry?
I was working as a Maintenance Mechanic and kept encountering HVAC issues. I have always been good with repairing all types of things, and eventually transitioned into an Engineering role.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I worked in Afghanistan for 15 months in 2011-2012.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
The great working environment and team.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
A former Maintenance Manager by the name of Johnny Lanier.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
An auto mechanic.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Alicia Keyes, she’s beautiful and can really sing!
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
No, I don’t use social media.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I’d like to one day go sky diving.
10. Favorite thing about Atlanta?
I enjoy all the great restaurants.