Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Kyle Brock, senior vice president of development. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. How did you end up in this industry?
By accident. I took a finance job with Novare Group, whose principle business is real estate, and eventually worked directly on several projects.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
I play guitar to unwind.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
I love the creative of process of taking a vacant site and creating a development plan.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
My father. He has guided me but always trusted me to choose my own path.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
Steamboat Springs, CO. We are taking my daughter on her first ski trip (my son is older and went last year).
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
A professional athlete.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Winston Churchill. He has some of the best quotes of all time and I would like to see if he is as colorful in person.
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
I use Facebook some. Our properties all use it and I keep up with them on it.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I am a big tennis fan and I want to see a match at all 4 Grand Slam events (Wimbledon, French Open, US Open and Australian Open). I am 25% of the way there thus far.
10. Favorite thing about Atlanta?