Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Michelle Willis, guest relations coordinator. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. How did you end up in this industry?
I landed in this industry by chance through a good friend of mine who knew that I was looking for a position.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
That I’m a speed demon and ride a Kawasaki Ninja ZX10-R, and that I LOVE to go very, very fast.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
I really don’t have a BEST part of my job here at Carter because there are so many aspects of it that I enjoy doing and appreciate. For instance, I enjoy meeting people and conversing with them on various topics. I love to help whenever I can and to make sure that things run as smoothly as possible.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
My daughter Tisa with her sweet, loving spirit. She helps me to stay grounded and encouraged every day and reminds me that there are still good people in the world.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
I would love to visit Tokyo next summer – I’m currently working on making it happen.
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
I wanted to be a nurse to help the sick and elderly.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
There are too many to name, but I’d pick Nelson Mandela, John F. Kennedy and Samuel L. Jackson, to name a few.
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
Yes – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I’d like to go skydiving, parasailing and jump off of a cliff into deep, crystal-clear, blue-green water.
10. Favorite thing about Atlanta?
Food diversity because I love food!