Every other week we’ll profile a different member of the Carter team, giving you a little glimpse inside the personalities that make our company so robust and unique. This week we are getting to know: Mike Anderson, controller of asset management accounting. If you missed our last Inside Carter post, click here.
1. How did you end up in this industry?
My very first audit working at KPMG was a multi-family developer called Flournoy Development Co. in Columbus, GA. It was a large engagement, and I worked on it each year for the 6 years I was with KPMG. The work experience led to my first job with a private real estate company after I left KPMG. I’ve been in real estate ever since.
2. What’s one thing that people would be surprised to learn about you?
That I am half Hispanic and speak fluent Spanish.
3. Best part of your job here at Carter?
The people. Everyone at Carter is top notch. It’s a great work environment to be in.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your career?
My Dad. He was career military (U.S. Army and Military Police). He definitely had an influence on how I conduct myself in business and in life – to be honest, accountable and hard-working.
5. Where in the world are you headed on your next vacation?
We have a beach vacation in Seaside, Florida booked for May 2014!
6. What did you want to grow up to be?
An ESPN Sportscaster.
7. If you could have lunch with a famous person – dead or alive – who would it be and why?
Warren Buffett. He’s been so successful in business, and influential in politics and economics as of late. I think he’d have some great stories and insights to share.
8. Are you a social media user? Which platforms?
Yes. Facebook and Twitter.
9. What’s on your bucket list that you’d like to share?
I’d like to do a three or four per week, such as visit the cities and countryside of Australia and New Zealand.
10. Favorite thing about Atlanta?
The weather. We get to experience the 4 seasons of the year, and there are so many different things you can do during each season.