The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has presented Carter’s Piedmont West Medical Office Building in Atlanta with a 2010 ENERGY STAR award in recognition of its commitment to protecting the environment through energy efficiency and management.
The Property and Facility Management Group of Carter, one of the country’s leading full-service commercial real estate firms since 1958, continues to decrease energy consumption across its 25-million-square-foot portfolio, adding another ENERGY STAR rated building.
Piedmont West is a 268,894 square-foot, multi-tenant medical office building constructed in 2008. The 9-story building is home to Piedmont Healthcare’s Cancer Center. Piedmont West is the only multi-tenant medical office building in the state of Georgia at this time to receive the ENERGY STAR label.
“As commercial property owners and managers, it is our responsibility to ensure our clients’ properties are managed in the most cost-effective and resourceful manner,” explained Holly Hughes, executive vice president of Carter’s Property and Facility Management Group. “Energy efficiency has always been an important component of building operations at Carter, due to both financial and environmental concerns. ENERGY STAR provides a solid, widely recognized standard by which we can evaluate a building’s performance.”
Piedmont West is home to Peachtree Hematology-Oncology Consultants, Atlanta Center for Reproductive Medicine, Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates, Malizia Clinic, Piedmont Radiology Imaging Services and Piedmont Radiation Oncology.
Other properties under Carter’s management with ENERGY STAR awards include:
- 171 17th Street in Atlanta, a 23-story, 510,000-square-foot Class A office tower in the Atlantic Station mixed-use development.
- River Park in Norwalk, Conn., a five-story, Class A suburban office building comprising 412,231 square feet.
- Four Penn Center in Philadelphia, Penn., a Class A 522,600-square-foot office building.
- Fifth Street Towers in Minneapolis, a twin tower, Class A office complex totaling 1,065,000 square feet.
- Corporate Center I and II in Tampa, Fla., Class A office buildings totaling almost 700,000 square feet.
- Hidden River I and III in Tampa, Fla., Class A office buildings comprising 285,961 square feet.
- Satellite Place 300, 400 and 600 in suburban Atlanta, Class A office buildings totaling 435,458 square feet.
- Hartsfield Centre in Atlanta, Ga., an eight-story Class A office building totaling
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy created the ENERGY STAR program in 1992 in order to help homeowners and businesses save money and protect the environment through the use and implementation of energy efficient products and practices. Since then, ENERGY STAR’s program has helped in measuring current energy performance, setting goals, tracking savings and rewarding improvements.
Carter’s property and facility management group offers a full-range of services, including corporate facilities management, technical services/evaluation, financial services/operational expense analysis, project management/construction management, preventative maintenance and facilities assessment/long-term planning.